Job Management Tab
The Jobs Tab on the menu bar is where you can access all your current and completed jobs. Clicking on the Jobs tab will take you to the Current Work. Using Preferences in the top right of the table you can either view Current Work as a Table (Columns and Rows) or as Cards (similar to Job Board):
In the Current Work tab, the number of jobs that are either in progress or have yet to be worked on will appear in the parentheses.
The search bar at the top of the table allows you to search for a particular job or line items. The filters button allows you to filter the table based on various criteria, such as Job ID, Ship by Date, etc.
The download button will download a .CSV (Comma Separated Values) file of all the jobs in the Current Work table to your computer. This file can later be opened in third-party applications like Microsoft Excel for further data processing.
At the top right of your Current Jobs, Completed Jobs, and Archived Jobs, there is a Preferences button. Clicking this will allow you to customize your table view
Card View: View your List of Jobs as Cards, similar to Job Board
Comfortable/Compact: View your List of Jobs as a Table (Columns and Rows) in comfortable vs compact density
Paginated vs All: Allows you to specify how many Jobs are on the screen at once (do you want to see 10, 20 at a time, etc, or have an infinite scroll to see all
Comfortable/Compact Table Column Customization: By Default, you get the below 10 columns in your table. However columns can be added, removed, or re-arranged (by dragging the 6 dot icon to the left of the column) per your preference
- Job ID - Unique identifier of the Job
- Customer Name - Name of the customer for the particular job. The symbol next to the customer name denotes the job type. For In-House jobs, the name of the customer entered in shipping details will be displayed. If a customer name is not entered, your organization’s name will be displayed.
- Ship By Date - The date items from the job should be shipped by
- Milestone - Only displays a value if the job is coming from the Job Board. The milestone displayed will be the one that was most recently completed Task for all line items within the job.
- Progress - A visualization of the work that is completed, in progress and remaining to fulfill the job.
- Percentage completion reflects the percentage of tasks within the job that are completed compared to the total number of tasks. It is not a reflection of the total number of units completed.
- Units - The total number of units that need to be processed to fulfill the job
- Line Items - The number of unique items. A line item may contain multiple units
The completed work tab displays a running list of all jobs that have been completed by your organization.
Other than Job Id and Customer, the available columns include:
- Job Created - The date the job was created in Xometry Workcenter
- Job Shipped - The date the job was shipped from your facility
- Fulfillment Details - (Xometry only) Navigates the user to shipping history modal
Job Overview Details
Select Manage Job to navigate to the job overview page for an accepted job. The job overview allows you to view all job and view line item details.
Job Header Actions
- Download Job Files: Download Part Files, Travelers, PO, Job Inventory List, etc
- Share Update: Proactively provide Xometry with timeline updates to avoid Xometry outreach closer to Ship By Date.
- Request Support: Request Support from Xometry when issues arise. Xometry Staff will reach out via email/phone to help resolve the issue.
The Job Details section provides high level information about the job, such as Job Price, Process, Materials, etc. It also allows you to view and attach media to the job.
Line Item Details indicates each unique item associated with the job. The Line Item section allows the user to view and edit various details, such as Due Date and Assigned Users. Under each line item, you can also update the status of tasks.
Processing a Line Item
Once a job has been accepted, you can now begin processing line items within the job. A line item is a part or item that needs to be made to ensure the completion of the job. Read more about Line items here.
Accessing Line Items
Click on a Job in the Job board. Then click on Manage Job in the Job Acceptance Overview.
Next, you will be taken to the Job Overview, where you can select the necessary Line Item you wish to process.
Progressing a Line Item
Clicking on a line item in the Job Overview will open up a modal with options to track production.
Note: Updating the Task (Operation) status from To Do→ Progress→ Complete is all that is required for Xometry. Other features such as Assignment, Due Date Management, and Quantity tracking are tools that are meant as tools to assist in your Shop's own internal Management