Xometry accepts many file formats for instant online quoting, including the following:
STEP, STP, SLDPRT, STL, DXF, IPT, X_T, X_B, 3DXML, CATPART, PRT, SAT, 3MF, JT
- Solid/Parasolid file types like STEP, SLDPRT, IPT, PRT, and SAT can quote in any process.
- Mesh-based formats like STL, 3MF, and 3DXML can quote 3D printing services and urethane casting. These formats may require an inch (in.) or millimeter (mm) unit input based on their export unit.
- 2D DXF files are specific to sheet cutting services.
- Model-Based Definition (MBD) or Part Modeling Information (PMI) is not supported at this time and should be captured with an attached technical drawing on the quote.
- Upper-level assembly files can be uploaded in an STP format. Individual files can be selected with the quoting tool to isolate and quote. Native CAD assembly files like SLDASM and IAM do not have solid model information and will not load on Xometry’s platform.
Want to quote during your design process? Try our free CAD add-ins.
Visit our main capability pages to learn more: