We offer up to six different inspection options for our manufacturing processes. Many of our processes come with standard inspections by default. The lead time increased when selecting higher-level inspections, such as a Formal Inspection with Dimensional Report.
Lead time is affected by higher-level inspection requirements due to the additional steps and procedures that need to occur, all of which take extra time to perform. Below is a list of just some of the aspects that go along with these more detailed inspections:
- Bubble drawing creation
- To prepare a correlated inspection report, our team must individually assign numbered bubbles to each dimension on your print. Depending on the inspection type and process, we bubble up to 100 different dimensions.
- Additional sampling
- Some inspections may require a more significant number of parts to be measured during the inspection.
- Report generation
- Measurements of each bubbled dimension on each sample are recorded then transposed to a comprehensive report form.
- Additional documentation verification
- In some instances, cross-checks and multiple sign-offs are required by additional QC personnel.
In short, to ensure we have enough time to perform the additional required quality control measures, we add additional lead time. Please refer to our page on Inspection and Sampling Plans to learn more about the various inspection options we offer!