- Xometry provides delivery labels for all jobs unless otherwise noted. To utilize the Xometry shipping account, you must generate a shipping label through the online portal. To generate a shipping label, click the Ship button on the Current Jobs page to go to the Shipping page. Note that the Ship button will only become active on the Job Details page when all stages of the job status workflow have been completed.
- Once on the Shipping page, click the Print Packing Slip button to generate a packing list. From there you will be prompted to generate a Shipping Label.
- If you have multiple packages for the same order, you can create multiple shipping labels on the Shipping page. If you need assistance creating multiple shipping labels, please reach out to us via the support request form.
Xometry will not be responsible for organizing FedEx pick-ups. Partners are expected to organize the truck’s arrival and handle associated fees. To set up a pick-up, please make the label via our site then log into FedEx.com or call 1-800-463-3339 (1-800-GOFEDEX). Typically, FedEx does not charge for express pickups if packages need to be picked up ⅘ days in a week.
- Partners with a FedEx Account: Can set pick-up via phone or online
- Partners without a FedEx Account: Can set up a pick-up via the phone. Ask the representative to create a Site Profile for future pick-ups.
All shipments must receive an origin scan (e.g. they cannot be deposited in a drop box). We do not consider an order complete, and you will be solely responsible for all losses if you do not receive an origin scan.
- Labels are to be requested and/or printed only on the same day as the job will ship. Jobs should be updated to shipping complete ONLY if the package will receive an origin scan that same day.
- By requesting/printing a label or by selecting “complete shipping” you are committing that it will be scanned and in transit on that day.
- To avoid the risk of mislabeling the packages, please print labels as close to the time of packaging as practical and confirm that the correct label is affixed to the box.
Shipping Label Troubleshooting
If, when generating a shipping label, you receive an error and/or are unable to complete shipment for the job in question, use the information below to determine your next steps.
Missing Partner Shipping Address
In some situations, a shipping label may not be generated because an address for your business was not included on your account page. In this situation, you may see the prompt shown above informing you of the problem. In these situations, you should enter your shipping address in your Account Settings.
Navigate to Account Settings by expanding the left-hand navigation menu in the Partner Portal and selecting Partner Settings > Partner Account.
Package Overweight or Oversized for Applicable Service
The images shown above exemplify situations where the shipment exceeds the weight or size limit for the applicable service. In these situations, a custom label will need to be requested. If you have encountered this issue, please contact us by submitting this support request form and explaining the situation. Please ensure to provide the Job ID and parcel dimensions in question to avoid delays in processing.
Destination Address Invalid
In some situations, you may be unable to generate your shipping label due to an invalid customer destination address. If you run into an issue generating a shipping label, this may be the cause. Contact us by submitting this support request form and explaining the situation. We will review the situation and will work to resolve the issue ASAP. Please ensure to provide the Job ID and parcel dimensions in question to avoid delays in processing.