Except as stated below in each Process section, no dimensional accuracy inspection is necessary on additive parts unless specifically requested. We do not require partners to fill out inspection reports in order to ship.
However, we do require a visual comparison of printed parts against their CAD model after printing, and a visual inspection of the parts prior to shipping for:
- Printing defects
- Damage due to post processing
- Poor finishing (dye, sanding, defect repair, glue, crooked inserts / tapped holes)
- Residual Powder
- Residual solvent or support residue
If the printed parts are damaged or the quality is negatively affected in any way:
- Immediately contact Xometry’s designated point of contact to provide details and photos of the issues
- If Xometry can’t resolve the issue with the customer within 2 hours, plan to reprint defective part(s) and split ship all the good parts in the order
- Under no circumstances should you ship a bad part without customer approval!