- Finishing Services customers are responsible for all shipping of parts: to and from the Finisher, or from the Finisher to a designated third party, if applicable.
- Customers are advised to print a copy of your quote or include a packing slip which references their RFQ ID to be included in the box when parts are sent to your facility.
- Once you receive a customer’s parts at your facility, you may continue to communicate with the customer through the Xometry Finishing Services portal, e-mail, and/or phone.
- Once the finishing work is complete, you may notify the customer either through the chat on the RFQ portal -or- via direct contact. You can request return shipping documents or a shipping account number if they have not been included in the initial shipment.
- If you are working with a Xometry Manufacturing Partner on a specific Xometry Job that has been accepted from the job board and you will be shipping to the Xometry end customer, you will be expected to take final part photos prior to packaging and provide a finishing certificate verifying the work that has been completed. If the parts will be returning to the Xometry Manufacturing Partner prior to end customer shipping, only a finishing certificate will be required of you and this can be included in the box when you ship.
- In scenarios where you will be shipping to the Xometry end customer, you will want to follow the following guidelines:
- Customer is a Xometry Manufacturing Partner - in most cases finishing that’s being done doesn't need further measurement inspection. When the Partner ships to the finisher, they don’t need to do anything else and the finisher can provide the finishing photos for the partner to upload to the current work portal. They’ll share the shipping labels to the finisher and they’ll ship to the customer. This saves on lead time.
IMPORTANT: When you have shipped your job, you will need to mark the job as complete. This will automatically enter the job into the cycle for payment.