You will receive an email at the email address in your profile indicating there is a new RFQ opportunity to bid on. It will read as follows:
We wanted to let you know that RFQ RXXXXX is available to bid on. This offer expired on (date and time stamp here).
You can view and bid on the RFQ by going to https://work.xometry.com/rfq-responses/RXXXXX.
Upon following this link, you’ll be brought to a page which will display all details and the files provided by the customer.
- If any clarifications are needed, you can chat with the customer in real-time by clicking Chat with Customer in the upper right of this page.
- Upload your quote here, be sure to update the lead time if the requested lead time does not align with yours.
- The customer will be notified when you have submitted a quote and can also engage in conversation through the chat feature, if desired.
- If the customer selects your quote, they will award you the job through the portal and you will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link included in the award email to that RFQ and you can review the award and customer terms. Once you accept the job, it will be added to your Active Finishing Jobs on your board
- You will not receive a formal PO from the customer or from Xometry. The award e-mail from the customer and your acceptance of the job is confirmation that you can begin work on the job as soon as you receive the parts from the customer.