For Standard Inspection VQC:
A Standard inspection VQC is for Xometry jobs that require a Standard Inspection. This is the majority of them and will be indicated on your Xometry Purchase Order under “Inspection Requirement” which you receive upon accepting the job. For this type of inspection, you will utilize the Xometry IM VQC Template found below and for the dimensional report section within the template, you may insert your shop’s own dimensional reports.
Please note, to efficiently serve our partners and maintain our part quality, we now require that all partners upload their VQC documentation to the Partner Portal for review by our QC team by 12 pm (in your respective time zone) in order to receive same-day inspection.
For Report VQC:
A Report VQC will be required when a job is accepted that requires a Formal Inspection, First Article (FAI) inspection or CMM Inspection. In these cases, you will still complete the IM VQC Template found above, but rather than inserting your own dimensional reports into the template, Xometry will bubble the customer’s print and generate a report layout for you to fill out. These will be available to download from the partner portal as they are ready. Please keep in mind that all dimensions need to be measured with calibrated equipment. To complete the VQC process, the following will be required:
- All reports must be typed, not handwritten.
- All information must be filled out completely. This includes material information at the top of the form, all results, and all tooling information for each result. You can not “blanket” the report with only entering one results for multiple measurements or listing the tooling only once on the report. The reports must be signed and dated on all forms.
- All sample sheets must be filled out completely. You will see a sample sheet for each Xometry required sample at the bottom of the Excel form. Please see the Xometry Sampling Plan for further information on how many samples will be required to be checked.
- Parts that were checked MUST be tagged so that Xometry and the customer can correlate what parts go with what report. Please expect these to be checked as well as the possibility of a random part that is not tagged.
- Do not copy your results across samples. Again parts must be tagged and results must correlate between the report and the sample that is tagged to go with it.
- If the measurement requirement is a number, a number result must be provided, not a Pass or Fail.
- All dimensions on the report must have a result.
- Report must be on the Xometry report that was provided by Xometry with the job.
- Include the following pictures: a general picture of how the part(s) look, picture of any required part markings, picture of the samples tagged, and picture of any bag and tag requirements.
- If job requires it, you must have the CoC completely filled out and uploaded and all material, finishing, marking, and hardware certs uploaded to be reviewed.
Again, it is advised that you have everything uploaded and reach out to email@example.com to set up the VQC a day before the job is due to ship. This will give the inspectors time to completely review everything before the shipping cut off to not make the job late.