A Standard Inspection VQC will be required after you have completed your 5th job with Xometry and you have not graduated to full Direct Ship status. After a job has been accepted, an Xometry inspector will email the instructions and requirements for the job to complete the VQC. The following will always be required:
- A picture of the finished part (including any special finishing if required)
- A picture of installed hardware, if required.
- A picture of you measuring each of the highlighted dimensions from the attached highlighted print. (If the customer provided a print this will be required and included in the email from the Xometry inspector. If the customer did not provide a print, this will be omitted.)
- A picture of the part marking, if required.
- A picture of the bag and tag, if required.
- Your completed Xometry checklist.
- An inspection report.
Please make sure the pictures are clear, and the inspector can easily tell what you are measuring and the results. After all paperwork and pictures are uploaded to the partner portal, you will need to email email@example.com to request the VQC. An Xometry inspector will look everything over and either request for missing information or unblock you from shipping. It is advised you have everything uploaded and have a VQC requested the day before the job is scheduled to ship. This will give ample time for the inspectors to fully look over and inspect all information before the shipping cut off, and not making the job late.