Please note that Xometry recommends that all Xometry partners to have a Quality Management System (QMS) in place to help ensure that you and your operations are set up for success when completing quality work in our network. Partners should have an inspection tool calibration system and log in place to ensure accurate inspection of produced parts.
Our Minimum Quality Management System Standards are:
- Establishment of a written Quality Policy
- Measurement traceability using calibrated equipment
- Control of documented information (ie record retention, revision control, control of documents)
- Control of nonconforming parts
- Quality objectives (i.e. On-Time Delivery, Quality, Communication)
- Contract/Purchase order review to determine requirements (ie. specifications, manufacturing processes, quality, delivery) for products and services
- Corrective action process (including root cause identification and documentation)
Partners that are interested in joining the exclusive Premium or Ultra-Premium Partner groups will be asked to sign a certificate of compliance and/or provide a documented QMS that proves they meet the standards above. AS 9100, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485 certifications serve as sufficient evidence of a QMS that meets the above recommendations.
If you do not already have a QMS in place and would like to implement one, we have templates available to help get you started. Implementing a QMS can fortify your business operatiosn and contribute to your eligibility for the exclusive Premium or Ultra-Premium Partner groups. An example of a Quality Management System that meets the above requirements and is available for you to use as a template for your shop’s own QMS can be found in this article.
Please submit any QMS documents to Partner-QMS@xometry.com. Xometry staff is available to provide coaching and materials on these requirements.