Have you read about our newest quality changes at Xometry? Check them out here!

Shipping cost RFQ jobs

r_weaver
r_weaver Posts: 1

Are we - the manufacturing partners - responsible for all shipping cost related to RFQ jobs?

If so, how can I determine where the finished parts will be shipped so that I may estimate the shipping cost and include that cost in my pricing?

Thanks in advance for you help -

RW

Answers

• subtractivemfg
    subtractivemfg Posts: 14 ✭✭

That's a great question - I'm interested in this answer as well

• I also have the same question, I have successfully accepted a few jobs and this might become an issue for me.

• BLingerfelt
    BLingerfelt Posts: 5 ✭✭

I’d like to know to. I quoted a job last night and i just wrote tbd on the shipping line. I’m not sure if thats right or not.

• EEN
    EEN Posts: 1

Definitely something to be addressed. I've just been doing a rough guesstimate on shipping and adding it to the quote. It would be awesome if Xometry could somehow incorporate shipping with RFQ's as it does with jobs taken from the board.

• PenCoPrecision
    PenCoPrecision Posts: 22 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten an answer for the shipping procedure? @EEN @BLingerfelt @FlarePrecisionLLC @subtractivemfg @r_weaver

• subtractivemfg
    subtractivemfg Posts: 14 ✭✭

@PenCoPrecision - Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I haven't been able to read the Xometry Blog much...you know work calls and it was starting to just get redundant with the types of posts.

Anyways, I never did get an answer to this question and can't remember if it was answered during our webinar discussion with Sarah and the Xometry team.