You're invited! We've been building something new. Check out what Xometry has been working on HERE!

Introduce Yourself: New Member of The Month!

Xandrea James - Xometry
Xandrea James - Xometry Posts: 65 admin
edited July 2020 in Introduce Yourself

New to the Xometry Manufacturing Community? We’d love it if you’d introduce yourself. 

Tell us:

1) Where are you operating out of?

2) What process do you specialize in?

3) What is the most useful tool you own?

4) What is your favorite song, currently, or all-time?

Every month we will select a new Xometry Community member to highlight here.

If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Comments

• Xandrea James - Xometry
    edited June 2020

@Guthrie_Gu3D Welcome to the community Gu3D, great to meet you. Tell us, what is your most useful tool these days?

• PenCoPrecision
    PenCoPrecision Posts: 29 ✭✭

Welcome @Guthrie_Gu3D and JawsTec!!!

• Welcome @J_Strand1! Happy to have you here at Xometry and in our community. Please look around, and get comfortable. :)

• Milos
    Milos Posts: 4

Hello 👋, Ace of diamonds International Inc. here, we have been with Xometry since 2018, small start up, CNC machining and injection molding company, with over 20 years experience, located in Illinois. Nice to meet you!!!

• Xandrea James - Xometry
    edited June 2020

Welcome to the community! @Milos Thanks for you Xometry partnership for 2 years! Im sure you've seen a lot of our evolution. :)

• Welcome to the community @Dave_1939

• MTM
    MTM Posts: 1

Honored to be a part of this group @Manitowoc Tool & Machining.

• Kim White - Xometry
    Kim White - Xometry Posts: 44 admin

@MTM Welcome!! We are truly honored to have YOU in our network!

• Kim White - Xometry

@Felicia WELCOME! Happy to see you here in our community.

• Kim White - Xometry

@PenCoPrecision Vinnie!! Welcome Back!

• Torad Engineering - Cumming GA. In addition to making to print, we specialize in custom design and build projects for machining fixtures and gages. Love the Xom to help us fill in the holes in our capacity.

• Nick
    Nick Posts: 3

STRE designs - Grand Rapids, MI. I'm Nick Ostrem, owner and sole operator, have a Haas Mini Mill with HRT 4th axis. Have been in business for a year now, just went full time. Any one have a Haas TL-1 there looking to sell, send me a DM, looking at expanding.

• JamesBerka_1
    JamesBerka_1 Posts: 2

Hello All,

My name is James and I am 50% owner of Thirty Machine, currently a 2 man machine shop located in Northeastern Oklahoma about 30 min. from Tulsa. We have been part of the Xometry Partner network since June of 2019 and are enjoying the opportunities that Xometry provides. We are currently at 65 completed jobs and climbing. Outside of the Xometry platform We do most of our work in automotive and R&D for larger companies. We started our shop in Feb. of 2019 both of us leaving the Aerospace machining industry which is probably where we are headed with this shop in the future, but who knows we'll see when we get there. We each have 20'ish yrs. of machining knowledge and experience and are currently seeking any opportunity that fits. Thirtymachine.com

• SimonArthur
    SimonArthur Posts: 1

Hey,

Simon Arthur here, of Big Blue Saw.

1)Where are you operating out of?

Big Blue Saw is headquartered in Doraville, Georgia. Just outside of Atlanta.

2) What process do you specialize in?

Waterjet Cutting!

3) What is the most useful tool you own?

My Thinkpad laptop. Using just a computer, I was able to start Big Blue Saw and create our automated online quoting system back in 2005. Now we have a 6000 square foot facility with 2 waterjet cutting machines.

4) What is your favorite song, currently, or all-time?

This changes all the time, but I'm currently listening to "Best of Shingo Nakamura" on YouTube!

• Kim White - Xometry

@SimonArthur Welcome to the Community Simon - Glad to see you here in our community!

• Kim White - Xometry

@Jesse Jesse and Lizzy! It's fantastic to see your shop thriving 😀

• Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 3

Thanks! you don't know how much we appreciate you guys! glad you guys desided to make a discussion board

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 1

Hi all,

New here, we are Midland Precision Machining in Chandler AZ. We provide CNC Milling, CNC turning, CNC Swiss, surface grinding, I.D. / O.D. grinding and Jig Grinding.

Glad to be part of the group and Xometry.